Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My congressman's an asshole; my governor a liar.

Politico reports that Rep. Alan Grayson (for whom I reluctantly voted) has said on the House floor tonight that, "Republicans want you to die quickly." I'd say Republicans care more about defeating the president politically than about solving the problem or that they care more about protecting corporate interests than helping the poor, but I'm not gonna say they want you to die quickly. That's just ass-hat talk.

Meanwhile, the Orlando Sentinel reports that Gov. Charlie Crist is touting some false accomplishments while campaigning for the Senate, claiming credit for our overall educational improvements, while Florida's been graded an F for college readiness. Course, even Republicans know Crist is an empty shirt.

Sigh. Wish we could find some real leadership in Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment