Friday, April 20, 2007

Free Iced Coffee Day is a hard act to follow.

I have spent the past month ridiculously over-committed, and really, nothing quite as good as Free Iced Coffee Day has happened, anyway. I will try, however, to get back in the habit of blogging.

A while back I posted this video I made as part of a school assignment. When I made it, I thought it was a precursor to something. Now I've made this new video (17 minutes long and will take some time to load), which I think is very much a child of the first (no pun intended). The new video was made as part of a group assignment. It will be pieced together with some other segments by other filmmakers to make one complete documentary. I'm not sure why I love this video so much, or why I'm so proud of it, except that I think it reflects further self discovery in the area of what I'm trying to achieve as an artist.

3 comments:

  1. When I was little, I always had some idea of what I wanted to be when I grew up. It changed a few times. I don't remember the exact chronological order, but here's my answer to that question at different ages in my life:

    1. Actor.
    2. Architect.
    3. Cartoonist.
    4. Writer.

    I don't remember how serious I was about those first two, but I stuck with the third one for a while, and #4 would be the current one. If subsets are allowed, I would put "Animator" under "Cartoonist" and "Comedian" under "Writer."

    Before I developed any writing muscle, all I would ever do was draw.

    Cheers,
    Diego

    PS-- Good short.
    PPS-- You should do an entry about what you wanted to be.
    PPPS-- I usually don't like doing post-scripts, but if you're gonna do something, might as well do the shit out of it.
    PPPPS-- I don't know if this counts for anything, but very briefly in the 1st grade, I wanted to change my name to Donatello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the double post, but I thought of another one. Before any of the careers listed in my first post, I think I wanted to be a soccer player, which might have possibly changed to football player when I moved to the US at age 6. I had the little uniforms and shit.

    Cheers,
    Diego

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously - never eat doughnuts again.

    ReplyDelete