Sunday, April 17, 2005

"MELISSA" wins 1st at IVY; "NAKED" sells out at FLORIDA

I guess April 16 is a lucky day. Not only did "Naked" screen for the first time to a packed theater as part of the Florida Narrative Shorts program at the Florida Film Festival, but "Melissa With A Heart Around It" won the top prize in the short script category at Brown University's Ivy Film Festival.

The shorts program sold out a week in advance, and the demand for tickets was so great that a second screening was added. I'm not sure whether the second screening sold out, but I only counted a handful of empty seats during the Q & A afterward. Not that my film was the big draw or anything, but the more eyes the better, right?

As for the Ivy prize, I consider that a big recognition. Last year's winner was an NYU student. And of course, this will give me ammo for my grant pitch in the fall, and I need that grant to make the film on 16mm.

No comments:

Post a Comment