Sunday, February 04, 2007

New Year's Resolution Check-up #1

It has been the year 2007 for 34 days now, and I have only this morning followed-up on the first part of my New Year's Resolution. I chose five organizations to support financially. I don't have a lot of extra money lying around, but what little I do have I tend to spend selfishly (if frugally). I have benefited much from the generosity of others in my life, so I want to find ways to be generous with others, particular those who are working for causes that support my values. These are the organizations I chose:
There were several other organizations I would have liked to join, but I had to start somewhere within my means. My goal is to continue to support these organizations annually for as long as I live in this community and add one new organization every year as my means increase (assuming my means do increase, which I guess is a big assumption). If nothing else, I hope others will consider supporting these causes or finding other causes that address their personal values. Most organizations will accept donations as little as $5 to $10. It is an easy and not too painful way to contribute to the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment