Sunday, February 04, 2007

Free Lindsey Buckingham concert in Orlando!

My favorite guitarist and one of my favorite singer/songwriters of all-time period is giving a free concert in downtown Orlando at 4pm, March 10. Lindsey Buckingham is best known for reinventing Fleetwood Mac when he and Stevie Nicks joined the band in 1975. However, he ought to be known as one of rock's greatest visionaries and certainly one of the best finger-pickers pop music has ever known. His new album, Under the Skin, has literally changed my life (it was while listening to it that I got the idea for my graduate thesis film) and received four stars from Rolling Stone, which also ranked it as one of the top 50 albums of 2006, as did Uncut and MOJO.

Chances are you haven't ever heard Lindsey play, particularly if you're one of my many Mac-hating (and might I add, Mac-ignorant) friends. I include for your pleasure, the video below:

No comments:

Post a Comment