Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Résumé the lies!

Something has been pissing me off for a couple of weeks now, and I just feel I need to get it off my chest. I know this guy. In fact, I barely know him, and I wish I didn't know him at all. But I know this guy, and he's like 22. He has more than $50,000 in student loan debt but no college degree. Why? Because he flunked out of college. Despite this, he recently acquired a $45,000 per year position in a major industrial design firm. How did he acquire such an illustrious industry position despite having no educational qualifications and only a tiny bit of experience? I'll tell you how. He lied on his résumé. Mind you, one of the vice presidents of the company is a family friend who told him to lie on his résumé, but he lied on his résumé to make it appear that he had a degree in industrial design. First of all, this tells me that the 22-year-old kid has no character. Second, it tells me that corporate America is one big unethical farce. I'm sorry, but it pisses me off that I've been working my ass off through 8 1/2 years of college to make something of myself while this idiot pothead slept through college and is making more money than my wife and I combined. Unfortunately, someone very close to me is deeply in love with this jackass, so I'll probably have to learn to live with him eventually. But for now, I just have to say, what a douche.

I call today's photo, "The Bamboo Tent."

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

  1. Your photographs make our yard deceptively cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tee hee hee.

    bamboo tent.

    i'm dirty.

    ReplyDelete