Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Production Journal: "ON BEING YOUR AVERAGE JOE" -- Entry 5

Fantastic.

That's the best word to describe Ryan's shoot this past weekend. If it had gone any smoother, I would have slipped on the surface and broke my ankle. We shot for five days (three full days, two half) all over town, managed to make all of our days, add shots along the way, and still end up with 500 extra feet of film at the end.

Alix Duggins, my long time DP, was 1st Assistant Director, and she did a smashing job of running the set. She kept us constantly ahead of schedule. I also have to hand a lot of credit to Ryan, though. He knew what he wanted, and he maintained discipline. He never did anything more than two or three times before moving on.

I'm really excited to see how this one turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment