Saturday, February 02, 2008

Matt Cooper reads my blog?

Not likely, but a day after I blogged my thoughts on the presidential running mates, Matt Cooper posted this blog in which he discusses a McCain/Powell ticket, a Clinton/Bayh ticket, and a Clinton/Strickland ticket. This is interesting to me because it is the third time I've independently made a conjecture ahead of political professionals. First, I predicted to my wife that John Edwards would be the Attorney General in an Obama administration. A few days later, that same idea was suggested by Robert Novak. I told a friend before the Florida primary that Rudy would drop out the next day and endorse McCain. That's exactly what happened. Now I've conjectured about running mates, and a major reporter has made the same conjecture. My point is this: should I change my career?

To be fair, I'd heard about a Clinton/Bayh ticket elsewhere, as I mentioned in my previous post. However, I'd never heard anyone mention Strickland before (though maybe I hadn't been listening). Likewise, it doesn't take a genius to suggest Colin Powell as a McCain running mate, but I'm still a little impressed with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment