Monday, February 06, 2006

Mr. Couch Potato Head

I've been suffering from a motivational slump this year, avoiding creative challenges by sitting on my hands. Some of it's burnout. Some of it's the sense of being displaced (there's not room enough in this office for me and a 6'6" childhood friend). A lot of it is plain lack of inspiration. At the risk of comparing myself to a Drew Lindo film, I've become a shut-in of late, barely experiencing life. I began spending more time at home because I thought staying in would help me be more productive. Instead, my productivity has seriously declined. I guess you have to live life to get the energy to write about it.

I need to reach a state of balance, discipline, and focus. I'm going to sit down tomorrow and make a new schedule for myself, try to force my life into some semblance of organized structure. If I can make that happen, I'll be well on my way to recovery.

1 comment: