Sunday, May 22, 2005

Wanna Sign My Cast?

The exciting and frightening thing about casting is that the process always defies expectations. The actor who looks the part can't play it. The actor whose performance blows you away just doesn't look right. You go through this for a while and finally, you settle. You compromise. You decide just to make do. And just when you think you're making do, the actor you've chosen steals your creation away from you and makes it her own, showing you what an ass you were in the first place to ever doubt her.

Well, I'm in the stage before all that now. Desiree Proctor, my godsend of a casting director, has already scheduled me a slew of promising candidates. My first audition is June 11. I'm both looking forward to it and dreading it. Here's to hoping they'll all act as good as they look.

No comments:

Post a Comment