Sunday, December 05, 2004

"NAKED" Debuts To Rave Reviews

On Friday, December 3, 2004, "NAKED" was unveiled at a special screening before students and faculty at the University of Central Florida School of Film & Digital Media, and the response could hardly have been warmer.

"NAKED" played in a 90 minute program of new projects from student filmmakers. Despite serious sound problems for the entire program, the audience reaction was extremely positive.

Unfortunately, I was unable to mingle with audience members after the screening, so the one-on-one feedback I received was somewhat limited. Still, a number of faculty members made a point to catch me and congratulate me on the accomplishment. Another audience member, a Florida Film Festival insider told me that "NAKED" had a very good chance of getting programmed. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Other notable films included "Valediction" by Tiina Treasure and "+/-" by Ryan Pomeranz (among many others). I've encouraged both filmmakers to submit their films to festivals, and I'm pleased to announce that Candle Fish Pictures will be producing Ryan's next film (he and his 45 Year Old Productions will likewise have a hand in the production of my next directorial effort).

In other news, I've seen THE AVIATOR, SIDEWAYS, and A LOVE SONG FOR BOBBY LONG, and all three are brilliant films, particularly THE AVIATOR, which is sure to finally deliver Mr. Scorsese his Oscar.

No comments:

Post a Comment